Monday, January 26, 2009

Boot Camp Day 34

Well, This morning I was at a ski resort. That's why I was on a cell phone on the morning call.
As far as y'all not being able to comment on my posts... I finally figured it out. I have it set up to where I moderate the comments. I'll be sure to keep up with those from now on. Keep 'em comin! They're much appreciated!

I just found out this morning that boot camp has been "extended" due to default....

Now, it's as if I'm in the last stretch. Leaning on the wall gasping for oxygen and my "fans" on the sidelines as well as my teammates who pass me by are stopping. They're all cheering me on, beseeching me to keep going.

This is something I'm going to keep in mind: I'm taking a step toward my goal with every lead call I make, every person I talk to, every relationship I cultivate. My measure of success is not measured by how many yes' I get or how many sign up's I acquire.

With that said, I again didn't make a contact today, but I did meet some very interesting people. Apparently, very well off people as they didn't even want to look at the website...

I will take my steps tomorrow with more gusto and purpose than ever before, with the victory tape in sight, and my teammates urging me on...

2 comments:

Big Z and his Mom said...

You're right, Ed. We are cheering as you get closer and closer to the finish line. We are your big supporters . . . After a nice note from your mom in the beginning of camp, why, we feel pretty motherly about you, too, you know. But, I would like to add, that though we cheer and your fellow Boot Campers cheer, and all those others on the sidelines, like Tina Katz from NY ;-), cheer, there is no greater supporter and cheerleader than Ginny hersef!!!! From the sounds of the call this a.m. Ginny will jump sky high and fling Bogey to the Moon whilst stretching her long legs over the USA just to give you a celebratory hug with one arm and catch Bogey as he comes down in her other. Her grin will be big, tears in her eyes, and she, too, will be proud as your Mom at your successes. She mentioned your WHY this morning . . . You have more than one . . . You have your family why and you have your community why. They are both very powerful, Ed. You CAN do it.

Great news, too, on your potential radio job with the Christian radio station. That will be cool. Good luck ;-).

Tina Katz said...

Ed, they may not feel the need to save money. But, if you ask them, Do you have any charities. how much time and money do you give to your charity? Some are very involved in charities they would probably get it that way. How they can improve the lives of others. They have influences. They know people. Hmmmm.....
Have a great week!
tina from ny