Monday, January 12, 2009

Boot Camp Day 25

Well, today was a definite work day.
I made at least 20 calls and got a bunch of no's and answering machines. "Here we go again..." is what I was thinking to myself.

Right at the end of my day, I made one more phone call. While waiting for the person to pick up the phone I was listening to the music her ringer was playing... It happened to be one of my favorite Christian bands! So, she picked up, I introduced myself, and stated my business.

She said she wasn't interested, so I said ok and commented on her ring tone. I let her know that the song she played was by my favorite group. She seemed to soften up a little. I asked her why she wasn't interested. "I'm going through a life change right now... I'm going into the mission field" is what she said.

She also mentioned that she was looking for funding. Immediately my antennae went up. I said, "Well, I work with a company that helps NPO's get funding... This could help with that!" "Really?", She replied. "Of course", I said. "How about I send you an email with a link to our website?" She gave me her information right away!

And I tried to scheduled a call back for 30 minuets, but she said tomorrow would work better.

Out of all that mud (that's exactly what it felt like!), I think I may have found my piece of gold!

No comments: