Thursday, January 8, 2009

Boot Camp Day 23

After the call today, I definitely felt more motivated! I think the role-playing was just the ticket!

It didn't make my day go any easier however. I ran into brick wall after brick wall, and after all that I finally got a contact! I tried to follow the manual, but I quickly found out that he was looking for an internet job.... not a business. I got his information and asked him to look at it anyway (hoping that his mind might change).

We agreed that I would call him back in about 30 mins., so that was a breakthrough. I've never done a follow through in the same night before.

I called him back, with manual in front of me. He answered and I said "hey Steve!" I was met with a stern "I'm not interested." I laughed and said "that's funny I usually hear that right off the bat when I first make the contact!" We laughed for a minuet and I said "well, what part didn't you like?" He said "well, for starters I'm not looking to own a business, I want a job. Second, I don't like the fact that I'd have to build a network."

The call ended well with small talk, but I'm still not used to not folding and not taking no for an answer.

I'll be spending the rest of the night thinking about everything I should have said.

Tomorrow will go better... I can feel it! :-)

No comments: