Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Boot Camp Day 31

WOW! What a day! It started and ended well, and it's been a long time since I've been able to say that!

As I watched a truly historic event unfold on my TV I had to fight the shiver of optimism that traveled down my spine. Now, I didn't vote for Mr. Obama, but I could not help but be touch by the positive attitude.

I carried this over into my contacting.

I had success with answering machines first... They were very helpful and they took all my information. Unfortunately, those don't count as contacts.

Finally, a breakthrough! I talked to an actual person! It turned out she was already part of an online shopping company. I asked her if she had to pay to start it up. She said yes. So I told her about the Business Starter Mall and how it's free to start up. She liked that idea and agreed to check it out! We agreed to get back together tomorrow at 7pm.

Then later on I had a follow up with a friend my wife had contacted. I was like a bulldog on a steak. She was very skeptical. So, instead of just rolling over and playing dead, I kept the convo going by asking questions. I got frustrated and finally asked her if she had a charity in mind that she always wished she could give to. She mentioned Relay For Life. And then she said she was gonna turn this onto a friend who headed up RFL. Well, I told her that my objective is to help as many people as possible and if she gives my number to her friend, then it's not helping her at all. That's when I think it snapped. So, I took her back to my biz site and walked her though the sign up process. Quite literally.

Yes... Today was a good day. And I'm very optomistic!

No comments: