Monday, January 19, 2009

Boot Camp day 30

Okay.... Today went well... A little hectic, but good.

I was rushing around trying to get things done around the house after the call this morning. Like, get my daughter ready to go while my wife got the laundry ready to go. and then I had to feed and water the goats. That consisted of filling up a couple buckets and hauling those out to the barn then feeding them hay. After I did that, of all days, I used up the last of the hay on the ground and had to crawl up into the loft to get another bail down.

By the time we made it to my in-laws (right across the driveway) I had 30mins. to get my game plan emailed off to Ginny. I got upstairs to my laptop, sat down took a breath. Then realizing I had left something downstairs, I got up and started to hurry to the stairs. In the process of doing so, my foot snagged the power cord to my computer, yanking it right out of my computer and causing a short in the part that goes into the wall.

By this time I had 15 minuets to get my email to Ginny.

So, I went downstairs and used my in-laws desktop and got it done with 5 mins. to spare.

I did repair my power cord, but I just need a whole new computer. Anywho, I made my contact calls and the second one I got was good. The follow up, not so much. I was proud of myself though. I stuck to the script and scheduled the follow up for an hour later. I think I'm getting better at doing that. But they really insisted that they weren't looking for an internet business. They, in fact, were looking for an internet job.

Ginny, I now have a new objective for this week. after I got off the phone with that person, I kicked myself. I'm sure you've had those times when you think of what to say WAY after the fact... Well, that's me. Only instead of WAY after the fact, it's coming a little faster.
For some reason, when I hear the word "no" my psyche shuts down and I let 'em go.
My objective for the remainder of the boot camp is going to be breaking through that wall. It starts this week!

My second contact actually was my wife's efforts! She was awesome working the chat on Facebook! She got one of her friends to check out the site and I'll be following up with her tomorrow afternoon at around 2 'o' clock!

I'm beginning to like challenges...

No comments: