Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Boot Camp Day 8

Alright. I used the law of averages today, I guess.

I talked to more people today, and got 1 contact. I didn't use the "Eleanor Method".
Instead, I just made small talk with some nice ladies behind the counter of one of my favorite book stores. Eventually I just threw it out there, and I said, "So, have you heard of My Power Mall yet?"
The younger lady said no, but the older lady asked what it was so I told her a little bit about how you can buy your groceries, pay your bills and by doing that, help support our local charity. She said, "I think so... one of my friends has been trying to get me into that but ya know, I've been a part of those pyramid things before and it just costs too much to join..."
I said, "Wait a minuet, she didn't tell you that it's free to join?" She raised her brow and said, "Well, maybe it wasn't that then." So I said, "Well, how about I email you a link to a website that will tell you more and then you can make an educated decision?" She gave me her info but very reluctantly. So I tried to make her feel better by giving her one of my invite cards. I think she felt better when she saw my phone number and I told her that now she can get a hold of me if I don't get a hold of her first.

All in all, I suppose it was a better day than yesterday.
I'll see how tomorrow goes... it's snowing hard out there and I'm not sure how the roads will be.

1 comment:

Ginny Dye said...

Hi Ed,

I know how hard this is for you so I'm very proud of you for getting out there. Definitely go to your college campus. You're so close to their age you'll be able to really connect. Just realize they are zooming toward finals... That said, you want to go before they all disappear for Christmas Break. This is the perfect time to reach them because they are about to have some time off and will have time to share it with others instead of wondering how they are going to pay for next semester!

And, keep your focus on 5. If you need to fill it out with Warm Market, that's great. Just make sure it's 5 a day!

Ginny