Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Boot Camp Day 13

I've meet some really interesting people while contacting.
The fun part is getting a grumpy person on the phone and cheering them up just by keeping a positive attitude! If I didn't get any contacts, that alone would make my day!

One of my follow ups involved a little drama. I called and I thought he was going to rip my head off. He didn't sound happy at all. As it turned out he was just in a car accident. He and his car were pinned under a tractor-trailer and dragged for a little while!
He said he was suffering from sever trauma and on his way to the hospital. I offered to let him go and he said "Wait a sec, my computer caught a virus before I could look at your email. Would you send it again to me?" Well, of course I did and I wished him luck and told him to go to the hospital.
That pretty much ended my night.

I'm constantly amazed at the brevity of life. I mean, that guy could have died tonight.

Without sounding to preachy, I'm believing more and more that the true meaning in life is to live for others. To make a difference in another life is true fulfillment.

3 comments:

Joanne B said...

to make a difference is what it's all about. Keep up the good work. Check up on him in a couple days....if for no other reason to see how he's doing. Who knows?

Ginny Dye said...

What a fabulous lesson to learn at 25! I am so proud of you, Ed!

Ginny

Big Z and his Mom said...

Ed, your thoughtful words bring a wet my eyes with dew . . . You're an incredible young man, and you are stepping into a new zone of leadership --- your family must be proud of you, and though I don't even know you, I'm proud of you, too.