Tuesday, November 25, 2008

World Changer Boot Camp Day 2

Today was eventful. I finally got out on the roads and managed to stay out of the ditch!
I had a blast cultivating friendships, I even ran into a friend I haven't seen in 2 years!
So, here's how my day went...

I'm starting out kinda easy, talking to people I already know. I'm not apologizing, I'll be stretching myself soon enough! :-)

Anywho, I went on a whim to have lunch with a friend who plays bass in our band. His 13 yr. old daughter, and his wife joined us. It was fun getting to know everyone better! After 5 pieces of pizza, I started small talking Loren (my friend) about my current job situation. I said "I'm gonna be really busy the next 60 days with this World Changer Reality Boot Camp I'm doing,". You should have seen the puzzling look on his face. I continued, "I'm committed to take at least 10 people from $0 to $2000 in the next sixty days. I was wondering if you could help me? See, I have a goals of making 5 contacts everyday, (as I pulled out an invite card from my back pocket) all I need is a name, email, and phone#. And although I already have your name and phone number, I don't have your email address." So, he gave it to me. His daughter chimed in asking what we were talking about and I basically told her the same thing. She wanted to know what it was, so I said (pulling another invite card from my back pocket and handing it to her), "well, go to that website on this card, and formulate any questions I'll call y'all tomorrow to follow up... K?" I duplicated that same "script" to Lorens wife a little while later and just like that in about and hour I got my first three contacts! I can't wait to see how it goes with a total stranger! I didn't stop there, I went down the road to see another friend at his place of business. I spent most of my time here, building on our relationship.
He owns a business in the worst county in the worst state as far as economy goes. So, we talked about how business was going and I let him talk... and talk... and talk some more. :-) When he was done, I said "Dave, I think I can help, at least a little bit." He replied "Oh really, how's that?"
So, I said "Dave I know you're in a lot of debt and business is slowing down. (pulling yet another invite card from my back pocket) I want to give you a way to save some money and possibly make some on the side to help eliminate that debt." He took it looked at it and sat back in his chair giving me that you're-trying-to -sell-me-something glare. I called him on it and we laughed! I continued, "Listen man, what if you could pay your bills on line and get a rebate from them?" he said, "I already pay my bills online."
I said, "do you get any money back from them like a rebate?" I think it finally clicked there. He said, "no." I pointed to the card and said, "You would if you paid your bills through mypowermall.com!"
He finally softened realizing I was only trying to help. He said he'd take a look at it. I then proceeded to tell him about the Boot Camp. I used almost the same words with Dave as I did with my last three friends. So, he gladly gave me his information! BOOM! I
acquired my 4th contact!

Riding a wave of excitment, I decided to use a little more imagination this time. I went to my library to get a movie. I know the lady that usually works there.
Thinking I could talk to her I soon discovered upon walking in that she wasn't working tonight. So I resolved myself once again to make an effort to meet someone new. Well, it turned out I didn't have to. As I was looking at the vast movie selection, a young man came up beside me and said, "excuse me, but do you know Scott K.?" To make a very long story not-so short, it turned out to be the younger brother of a guy I worked with. we all went snowboarding together about 2 years ago. I haven't seen this family in quite a while! Naturally, I was delighted to see him again and got a little caught up at least. in the mist of our conversation, I told him about the World Changer Mall, and the boot camp I was in. Using the same duplicate able system I used with the last four people, he gave me his information!

I couldn't hardly believe it! I met my goal once again. What a feeling! Relief, joy, accomplishment! Now all I need is a WCM sign up....

4 comments:

Joanne B said...

Great job, Ed. Keep making the effort, and the blessings will come.

Lil'Bro said...

Hi Ed,

Driving in the snow can be fun, I have to admit I was always really bad at it! I admire your energy and your positive attitude!! Keep rocken on!!!

Mpm's Biggest Fan!!

Jacki Varacalli said...

Ed, you are going to rock this program! You have an amazing spirit and energy to boot. I look forward to reading your blog each day! - Jacki

Ginny Dye said...

Way to go, Ed! You have discovered "The Secret". Live your life and draw the people around you into the HOPE they can create financial freedom by doing what they do everyday ANYWAY! Follow-up with these people. You'll be signing up your first World Changers this week! I'm so very proud of you and can hardly wait to read your next post!

Ginny